VII Congreso de Fisicoquímica, Estructura y Diseño de Proteínas
The Mexican Society of Biochemistry (SMB) and Protein Structure, Function and Evolution Network are honored to host the VI Latin American Protein Society Meeting (LAPSM), which will be held in conjunction with the “VII Congreso de la Rama de Fisicoquímica, Estructura y Diseño de Proteínas de la SMB.” The event will take place in Mexico City from October 20 to 23, 2019. As in previous editions, there is an academic program of very high quality, which covers the different fields of the study of proteins with the contribution of prestigious researchers.
We hope to have the enthusiastic participation of the students, postdocs and researchers that make up our community, so that the congress will be as successful as in previous occasions.
Organizing committee: Claudia Avitia, Luis Brieba, Alejandro Fernández, Georgina Garza Ramos , Edgar Morales, Mariana Peimbert, Alfredo Téllez.
- Ada E Yonath Weizmann Institute of Science. Israel. Nobel Prize in Chemestry 2009.
- Alejandra Covarrubias Instituto de Biotecnología, UNAM. México.
- Alejandro Vila Instituto de Biología Molecular y Celular de Rosario. Argentina.
- Alfonso Mondragón Northwestern University, USA.
- Alfredo Torres Larios Instituto de Fisiología Celular, UNAM. México.
- Andre Ambrosio Sao Carlos Physics Institute, University of Sao Paulo. Brazil.
- Carlos Bustamante University of California, Berkeley. USA.
- Charles L. Brooks III University of Michigan, USA. President of the Protein Society.
- Felipe Trajtenberg Instituto Pasteur. Uruguay.
- Gerardo Ferrer Universidad de la República. Montevideo. Uruguay.
- Liliana Quintanar Departamento de Química, Cinvestav. México.
- Octavio Monasterio Universidad de Chile. Santiago. Chile.
- Pilar Cossio Max Plank Institute of Biophysics. Alemania / Universidad de Antioquia. Colombia.
- Rafael Vázquez Duhalt Centro de Nanociencias y Nanotecnología, UNAM. México.
- Renko de Vries Wageningen University. Holanda.
- Tamara Rosenbaum Instituto de Fisiología Celular, UNAM. México.
- Daniel A. Silva University of Washington.
The congress will be held from Sunday October 20 to Wednesday October 23 in Mexico City. On Sunday the activities will be at the Fiesta Inn Hotel (Periferico Sur) and the rest of the activities will be at the Alfonso Caso Auditorium at Ciudad Universitaria. The preliminary program is as follows.
Sunday, October 20
Fiesta Inn, Periferico Sur
11:00 REFEP Meeting
17:30 Ada E Yonath, Weizmann Institute. Israel
18:30 Welcome Cocktail
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, October 21-23
Alfonso Caso Auditorium
Student scholarships will be granted for lodging, breakfast and registration. To apply for a scholarship, it is necessary to register in the category “Mini-presentation and poster”. The scholarship application must be made at the same time as the registration, which must include a summary of the presentation (less than 250 words) and a brief motivation letter (100 to 300 words).
The deadline for the scholarship application is June 29. The results of the scholarships will be announced by email on July 22.
The deadline to register for oral, mini-presentation and poster participation is July 31.
The registration fee for researchers will be $ 3,500 MXN, it is important to mention that this payment will allow student accommodation scholarships. Therefore, we ask you to register as soon as possible.
Registration before June 29
$ 1000 MXN (50 USD) students
$ 3500 MXN (175 USD) general
Registration as of June 30
$ 1500 MXN (75 USD) students
$ 4500 MXN (225 USD) general
The payment must be made to the following bank account:
Name: Mexican Society of Biochemistry A. C.
Bank: BBVA Bancomer
Branch: 368 Miguel Ángel de Quevedo
For Paypal payment 5% commission must be added and send the payment to firstname.lastname@example.org stating that the payment is for registration to the LAPSM.
Once the payment has been made, send the deposit form by email to: LAPS2019CDMX@gmail.com The name of the registered person, as well as the complete invoice data most be indicated in the email.
TYPES OF PARTICIPATION
• Guest speaker
• Oral presentation
• Mini-presentation and poster
• Poster only
The oral presentations will be organized in symposiums and will last 15 minutes. The number of oral presentations is limited.
The mini-presentation is a 3 minutes presentation to invite all participants to attend the poster. In these presentations there will be no questions.
Those who wish to participate only with poster must register in this category. The size of the poster should be 90 cm wide and 120 cm long.
The submission deadline is July 31.
The abstract must be written in English, with a maximum length of 250 words. Do not use symbols, equations, or figures.
June 29 Registration with discount
June 29 Scholarship applications
July 22 Response to scholarship applications
July 31 Submission deadline
October 20-23 VI LAPSM and VII Protein Congress
The Hotel Fiesta Inn, Periférico Sur https://www.fiestainn.com/es/reservaciongroups , will give a preferential price to those attending the congress of $ 1547 MXN (with taxes) per night per double or single room, upon availability. Code G1DFVM @ SUR
The One Hotel, Periferico Sur https://www.fiestainn.com/es/reservaciongroups , will give you a preferential price of $ 1309 (with taxes) per night for double or single room, breakfast included, upon availability. Code G1DJLU @ OGS